The Jacksonville Public Library is looking for Florida and Southeast Georgia residents who wish to market and sell their books and promote their literary services at a booth during the 2018 Jax Book Fest!
Please submit your application and $50 fee by Nov. 30, 2017.
Space is limited and submission does not guarantee acceptance.
Author Application Criteria
- The author’s work fits within the Jacksonville Public Library’s (JPL) Collection Development Policy.
- Preference will be given to authors living in Northeast Florida.
- The author must be actively writing/publishing, with the most recent work published within the last 10 years.
- Must be prepared to supply proof of professional editing.
- Must be prepared to show demand for work and illustrated knowledge of audience.
- Two authors sharing a table must both meet the criteria above.
Refunds will be given to all authors or literary vendors not accepted for participation. No refunds will be given to accepted applicants after January 5, 2018. If the Jacksonville Public Library or City of Jacksonville cancels the event, a refund will be given.
Space and Equipment
Exhibitors are provided with:
- one 6 ft. rectangular table
- two chairs
Exhibitors are responsible for providing tablecloths, signage, and all other materials needed for an attractive booth space, and must operate only within their assigned space. Free Wi-Fi is available but can be slow.
Setup will take place from 8:30 – 9:30 a.m. Exhibitors may begin breaking down their booths at 2:55 p.m. Library staff will not be available to help set up or break down booths.
Exhibitors are responsible for bringing, storing, and selling their own books and other materials. We recommend bringing 5 – 10 copies (if you think you will sell more, bring more). Exhibitors are also responsible for bringing their own cash and/or card readers for book sales. The library cannot make change for exhibitors and no banks located downtown are open on Saturday.
Rejected applicants will be placed on a waitlist. In the event that an accepted author is not able to attend the Jax Book Fest, authors on the waitlist will be notified. Should exhibitors not wish to be placed on the waitlist, they should contact the library. Accepted authors from the waitlist must resubmit application payment upon receipt of acceptance.
- All exhibitors are required to arrive, set up, and breakdown at the times communicated in the setup information.
- All exhibitors are required to follow the Library Code of Conduct: https://www.jaxpubliclibrary.org/about/policies-and-guidelines/code-conduct