The Jacksonville Public Library is developing a new collection—the Local Author Collection—and we want your work to be included.
Submit the Local Author Collection Submission Form and a donated copy of your book to your local Jacksonville Public Library location, or send to: Jacksonville Public Library, Collection Development, 3435 University Blvd. N., Jacksonville, FL 32277
Local Author Submission Procedure:
- Local authors must reside in the Jacksonville area (Duval, Nassau, Clay, St. Johns, Baker, Union, and Bradford Counties in Florida, and Camden, Charlton, and Glynn Counties in Georgia).
- The book must be a donated copy and will not be purchased by the library for the Local Author Collection.
- The donated copy will be considered for addition to the collection based on our selection criteria and may or may not be added. If the item is not added to the collection it will be given to the Friends of the Jacksonville Public Library for sale in an upcoming book sale.
- Submission of form does not guarantee selection. All books must be approved by the Local Author Collection selection committee to be added to the Local Author Collection.
- If selected, it may take up to 6 months for your donated book(s) to appear in the Local Author Collection.
- The author must represent and warrant full ownership and/or legal rights to publish all material in this book, including artwork.
Primary Criteria For Selection:
- Public demand and interest
- Critical reviews
- Presentation and readability
- The author’s or artist’s reputation and significance
- Reputation and standing of the publisher
- Availability of the information or material elsewhere
- Local or national significance of the author, artist or topic
- Compatibility of the e-material with our digital platforms or quality of the physical format.